Translate

Like

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Art in Oakland: Rats Anyone? "Rat 136" Opens 4/6 in Oakland at Zerofriends

Well, there aren't many times I wish I lived in the Bay Area - to be honest I have a weird unreasonable aversion to it.  However, there is great art and some great music that comes out of this scene, and despite making my skin crawl, I wish I was in Oakland this weekend to see "Rat 136" a solo show by Matt Richie at Zerofriends Gallery, where Alex Pardee normally displays his work.  This show will feature a gallery (ha) of hand-painted rats, each framed in a  hand-made rat-shaped picturebox.  Via the preview, my favorites are the Gangstarat, the Toast Rats, and the Rat wit a Cat jumping through its word bubble.  Pics below if you can't go, but if you're in the bay area, I suggest you check it out.  Apparently the first 100 people there get a free cat print?  Sounds adorable!







No comments:

Post a Comment