Translate

Like

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Brewery Art Walk in Los Angeles April 27-28. I've Always Wanted to See that Place!

Driving around LA on the 5 anytime in the past 50 years, you couldn't help but notice the old Pabst Blue Ribbon brewery looming over west side of the freeway, looking creepy and abandoned.  I always wanted to break in and wander around.  Whether it was my natural penchant for going ghosthunting in abandoned buildings or my years of raving, I always wanted to know what was inside, and I know I wasn't the only one.
Well, unbeknownst to me until a few months ago, the old brewery was very much not abandoned and has been an artists' colony since 1982.   In 1997 it was even known as "the world's largest artist-in-residence community (LA Weekly archives, 1997-98)."  If I'd known that, I would definitely have gone to check it out sooner.
Now, twice a year, the Brewery Art Association c/o i5 Art Gallery opens the space to the public for the Brewery Artwalk.  This is like no other Artwalk you've ever seen - it's huge, and a lot of the featured artists actually live in the community.  These are real talents - not just watercolors and cheesy landscapes.  The artists have pieces for all price ranges and every kind of medium you can think of, and there's even an on-site restaurant.  I will definitely be there covering the event this time around, on April 27-28 and I urge you to come along.  If I like you, we can even carpool.  The best part?  This event is free!  It promises to be a unique experience with some really cool art.  Sorry I can't picture any of it here, I don't have permissions but the links to the website and FB page are below.
 



Brewery Artwalk Home Page

Brewery Artwak FB Page


No comments:

Post a Comment